Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday motivation (part 2)


Motivational pics of the week.

I wanted to make some motivational quotes of my own this week, how do you like them?  Feel free to share them, save them on your computer or smartphone, whatever.

Workouts this week:

Monday Gym, gym, gym! Upper body strength training at 6 a.m. The chin-ups went perfectly! Maybe I should consider doing this regularly. "I don't have time to work out - I MAKE time." I was actually a bit worried about waking up at 4:45 a.m., but by the time the alarm went off I was wide awake. I had to force down my breakfast; apparently I'm not used to eating at 5 a.m. :D

Tuesday Instructing a pilates class and a functional training class. One of my regular Personal Training clients cancelled Tuesday's session, so I'll have the perfect opportunity to do a 55-minute lower body strength workout in the morning. That's more than enough; supersetting sumo squats and walking lunges kills me. In a good way. I've really improved my squats: I was able to do sumo squats w/ a 90 kg barbell (4 sets of 8 reps) on Sunday. Happy.

Wednesday Gym (upper body strength) + Zumba in the park. I've noticed that I don't ever "cheat" while instructing, I give 120% of myself. I just love to instruct to a large group of people. In July I had ~250 participants in my Zumba class in the park. Pure awesomeness. This week I'll have another instructor with me - double the fun!

Thursday Time for a new InBody-analysis, yaiks! Instructing a functional training class + a deep stretching class. In other words, rest.

Friday Gym time! Lower body strength, again. I absolutely love my new program, the plyo combined with squats and lunges make me want to kill myself - in a good way. Does that even make sense? :D

Saturday Jogging (60 mins). Hope my hamstrings won't fail me.

Sunday Gymmin' away, upper body strength. My main goal is to not be able to wash my hair afterwards, with my upper body muscles sore from the workout. My arms will be totally useless for the rest of the day, ha ha.


My main focus this week is definitely food: making sure I eat enough. My smoothies are really healthy and keep me satisfied for a long time, but they are way too low in calories to keep me going all morning until noon... I'm going to have a serious discussion with myself this week.

What are you guys up to this week? Anything new and interesting?

Stay dedicated,
/Ulrika

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog
    I found yours very happy
    I am 52 changing my earing habits, not an exercise fanatics but do 30 minutes of exercices every day except weekends, walk everywhere, strecht, stop smoking ,stress level low and smoothie addict, love your recipes btw,i will follow you

    Ariane x

    ReplyDelete